The people of South Africa are currently experiencing an incredibly difficult time in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, with the nation in full lockdown. At Wijnland Fertility we have done everything in our power to control and curb the chances of the virus spreading by implementing many strict protocols designed during this time by our very capable health system.
With that said, we do understand that new fertility/gynecological patients may be feeling a certain amount of anxiety around when they may have access to care again. This is where, we at Wijnland Fertility, want to try help and protect your fears of postponing fertility/gynecological care.
We will, as of today, be offering telephonic consultations with one of our doctors for any first-time patients at R900 per consultation.
These consultations will be within regulation of keeping to the strict protocols set out to minimize the amount of traffic within our clinic, while still offering an opportunity for you to get your journey of fertility/gynecological care started.
These consultations will include: (this offer valid during lockdown period)
- Medical questionnaire (to be filled in prior to the appointment)
- Skype/telephonic consultation with one of our doctors for couples or single individuals
- Physical examination and a scan, scheduled at a later stage (then to be billed at the medical aid ultrasound rate on the day of examination)
- Interpretation of a Semen analysis (test not included in the consultation fee)
- Treatment plan implementation
- Information sessions with our inhouse fertility psychologist, sisters and embryologist for information sessions (scheduled at a later stage)
Prior to the consultation we will send you a medical questionnaire designed to aid the workup usually done by the fertility specialist in person and will need to be filled out before the consultation.
The majority of the consultation will be performed telephonically, while the physical examination (a scan) will be booked for a later stage during or after lockdown. If the scan is booked during the shutdown, we will ensure that the traffic of the clinic is within the recommended guidelines. The same concept will be applied for semen analysis bookings.
Please make your telephonic consultation booking today!